Commercial Inland Marine (IM) is a broad insurance coverage that covers property that is being transported, is mobile, or being transferred via some mode. IM can be an important insurance product to close coverage gaps not typically included in commercial property insurance. IM also covers business property when it is stored at a location other than a company’s main business location. It’s important for business owners and their risk advisors to carefully consider the type of business, and the manner in which they conduct their business and services, in order to evaluate their need for inland marine insurance coverage.
While the product name implies loss protection when shipping goods via water, IM provides risk mitigation coverage for numerous property damage and risks when transporting over rivers and land via trucks, trains, barges, and others vehicular transport. UFCIC can provide Inland Marine as a customer option in BOP and CPP policies as well as part of monoline Commercial Property policies.